SAF Recruitment Grant
The National Scouting Alumni and Friends Committee has developed this recruitment grant opportunity to assist local councils in the recruitment of former Scouts and Scouters to a council, district, unit or other alumni role. Special consideration will be given to councils that have only recently established a Scouting Alumni and Friends committee.
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
Agreement to the following terms and conditions is required to receive this grant. All terms and conditions associated with this grant shall be submitted to the National Scouting Alumni and Friends Committee at the address below within 30 days of the event.
Recruitment Grant recipients are required to do the following:
- Provide the number of Scouting Alumni in attendance
- Provide the number of Scouting Alumni recruited by membership category
- Provide photographs and/or videos taken during the event and include names of individuals, etc.
- Provide the press release submitted to local news outlets
- Provide a written comparison between expected and actual outcomes
- If the event is cancelled or delayed beyond the year following disbursement of grant monies for any reason, you shall immediately notify and return the grant in full to the National Scouting Alumni &Friends Committee
Grant requests cannot exceed $500, but may be less. Grants are paid for completed FUTURE events, not just planning or for those events that have already occurred. Events must be completed during the calendar year in which funding is received.
Applications require every area to be completed. Failure to complete all areas of the application will result in the application being disqualified. No notice of disqualification will be given.
It is recommended that the application be copied and pasted into a word processing document and completed there. Once that has been accomplished, copy and paste answers into the form below. Be sure toprint and retain the finished product prior to submission.
Deadline for current grant cycle: October 31. Recipients will be notified by the end of November. Grant monies will be dispersed by December 31.
Scouting Alumni & Friends
1325 West Walnut Hill Lane
Irving, TX 75038