Eagle Scout Scholarships
When to apply
The 2019/2020 NESA scholarship cycle opens on August 15, 2019. The submission deadline is October 31, 2019. The complete list of recipients will be posted on NESA.org by August 1, 2020.
How to apply
Be a current member of the National Eagle Scout Association (NESA). If you are not a current NESA member, join or renew here: https://nesa.org/why-join/
After you join or renew, your membership is AUTOMATICALLY applied and you are IMMEDIATELY eligible to apply for NESA scholarships. You DO NOT have to wait for NESA credentials or username/password to begin OR complete the scholarship process.
If you became a NESA member in the past, but do not know if your membership is current, email NESA@Scouting.org.
Two types of Eagle Scout scholarships
There are two types of Eagle Scholarships: academic and merit.
Type 1: Academic scholarships
Academic scholarships weigh academic performance, school and Scouting participation, and financial need.
Academic scholarships include a range of scholarships, up to four $25,000 scholarships (payable at $6,250 per year for four years) one $48,000 scholarship (payable at up to $12,000 per year for four years) and a $50,000 STEM scholarship for an Eagle Scout planning to major in a science, technology, engineering, or math field.
- You must be a member of NESA to receive a NESA scholarship
- Score a minimum 1290 SAT (new SAT), 1800 SAT (old SAT) or an ACT score of at least 28.
- Must apply during senior year of high school. (Exception: Scouts whose Eagle Scout boards of review were held after October 31 of their senior year may apply during the next scholarship cycle in the following year – even though they may be in college by this time.
- Winners may receive a scholarship one time only.
Type 2: Merit scholarships
Merit scholarships weigh academic performance, school and Scouting participation, and community service.
These awards cover the $2,500 Robert and Rebeca Palmer scholarships, the $2,500 Michael S. Malone/Windrush Publishing scholarship, the $2,500 Publishing Concepts (PCI) merit scholarship, and the $5,000 Hall/McElwain scholarships.
- You must be a current member of NESA to receive a NESA scholarship
- Winners may receive a merit scholarship one time only.
- Applicants may apply multiple times (except for the Adams Eagle Scout Service Project of the Year) beginning as a graduating high school senior through junior year of college or with one year remaining at a vocational trade school in each scholarship window.